Spagetti Adhesions

Mon Jul 23 19:51:26 2007

My niece who is early 40's has had a chronic condition for the past 10 years. She went to the Bahama's for her honeymoon and shortly after returning home she began to have symptoms like a stomach flu with diarrhea and stomach cramps. Food would literally pass right through her. She has been to many doctors and eventually had many surgeries these past 10 years, and now they are telling her she has spagetti adhesions that wrap around her intestines. They will do surgery to remove them but they grow right back. This poor woman spends most of her time in the hospital. It is heartbreaking for our family, not only because she is so ill but because the quality of her life has become nil. She feels too bad to do anything but lie on the couch or in bed. She has always been a very active and vital person and to see her reduced to this is unbearable. She has episodes of water retention and she swells up like a balloon. I believe the main problem is she is going to the same doctor now and he is inexperienced in treating her condition. Surely there is someone that is more knowledgable in this area. She lives in Florida and has even been to Shands but got no positive results. I would greatly appreciate any information on this condition and any treatment if any, to prevent or slow the growing of these adhesions. I have always thought she got some exotic "bug" in the Bahamas.

thanks~ C.P. Knight

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: