Medications to treat ...

Tue Jul 3 00:23:39 2007

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Diena LoBianco Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2007 7:51 PM Subject: Re: Medications to treat ...

Dear Jake, It was hard to follow your message.  I think you were trying to say that you have endo which is causing you severe pain during your time of the month.  You mentioned something about "removing the lining" - I have had an almost complete hysterectomy and may still have endo because I still have my cervix.  This means that the endo may still be causing adhesions to form.  I also stopped my period with meds.  prior to my hysterectomy.  It was great not having a painful (EXTREMELY)period but the side effects were horrible for me.  I wish you all the luck in the world.  I wish it were easier for us suffering from adhesions to find "any" relief.  I am seeing a new pain management dr. in NYC.  He has me taking several different meds.  I am on an anti depressant as well as a seizure medication both for pain. I am also taking a low dose of morphine in the am and again in the pm.  I do have percacet for break through pain.  For me, taking these narcotics is like someone else taking a tylenol for a headache.  I do not get a "high" from any of my meds only pain relief.  I do however get very tired every once in a while which is a side effect of most of my meds.  (I also take medicine for my bladder since I have cystisis from the endo)I am almost pain free - unfortunately, I'm not healed though.  good luck to you, Diena From: Jake something Subject: Re: Medications to treat ...

i finally found a really good doctor tat understands that they do cause alot of pain and that i dont' want to take narcs. so were looking at 3 or 4 alternative routes for the time being. The first is to stop the monthly cycle he seems to think that willl reduce some of the pain becuase mine is so abnormail. and if tat doesn't relvie enough of it then were going to look at destroying the linning so i defitnly will not have one anymoreits a surgical procdure but its outpatient and your not totally under and theres no cutting invoveled. that decision will be made in 6 weeks he also mentioned celebrex i think it was for pain. and ive heard other people on here mentionn it as welll. *shrugs* im open to anythig and i finaly have a doctor that listens and in oklahoma thats a rare thing.

--- "IAS Admin (Tracy)"

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: