Adding Insult to Injury

Mon May 1 21:53:26 2006

I sent this message to the SSA:

My name is Jeanette Chamberlain and I would appreciate any and all information you can give me on how people with crippling adhesions can get help from government sources. We are an ever growing community of people who have to live with severe pain, fear, lack of understanding, an uniformed public, frustration, and high costs for treatments, 24-7 because our bodies have grown adhesions that painfully pull, twist and strangle our organs. At the least, adhesions are very painful unless we take complicated combinations of medications to keep the pain at bay though some days the pain still 'breaks through'. At the worst, we develop life threatening intestinal obstructions that require emergency surgery to repair. One of our greatest wishes we send to each other when we communicate through forums is: "I wish you a pain free day".

Who in our government do we turn to for help and understanding? I can't even get a handicapped parking placard, when some days my pain is exacerbated by just walking across the room, let alone walking 200 feet. My managers are very understanding of my condition and I am currently signed up under FMLA to protect me. Some days the pain breaks through so badly that I cannot even go to work. I am one of many.but we often lose our jobs because some of us don't have understanding bosses. Can we even get disability assistance? SSI assistance?

Now I have been diagnosed with a Cystocele-a prolapsed bladder that is cutting off the flow to my eurethra and will require another surgery to repair.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: