Recurrent Adhesions, another lap?? Advice Please!

Wed Oct 19 21:12:02 2005

I have learned a lot reading on this great post, but I am having some problems and I hope that someone out there can help. I have had many, many laps over the years, first for endo and after hysterectomy for adhesions and recurrent endo. I felt great for 6 months after my last lysis of adhesions and excision of the remaining endo. Now the pain is back with a flare. Bladder pain, upper right quad pain (I also have no gallbladder or appendix). All these surgeries have taken place over the last 5 years. The bladder lower pelvic pain and cramp like ache is about to drive me crazy. All tests are negative, urinalysis, CT, ultrasound, nothing. I know in my heart it is adhesions. So, now what? Another lap? Surgery causes adhesions. This last surgery was done by the best gyn surgeon in the country for endo and adhesions, but he even said that with good surgical skills, there is a percentage that can have recurrent adhesions. I am in that low percentage. Lucky me. More surgery could cause more adhesions, but could provide pain free months. What is one to do? Lap or not to Lap.

Thanks for listening, sorry so long. Hope everyone is as pain free as possible.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: