Re: pain, cramping, C, D, and feeling isolated

Tue Sep 13 20:29:47 2005

Hi there, not sure if I can help, but wanted you to know you are not alone. I too feel isolated so much of the time. Of course no one around me can even begin to understand the magnitude of the pain. I have been with so many doctors that have basically said it was in my head and that I was crazy. Looking for attention. I know even my family thought the same. I am one of the lucky ones because I have never had an obstruction. At this point I take a stool softener 3 times a day. I was sick of hearing that I needed a colonoscopy just to rule things out. That was from the docs who believed it was in my head. I too also had the self doubt but then the pain gets soooooooo bad there is no way it could be in my head. I have always hid the pain from my family. They have never known the extent. It seems that if I say I am in pain they roll their eyes at me.

I know the fear you have with the new docs. I always feel weird when I go for any kind of test. I think how sick can you be that you are wishing they will find something. I think it is ok to feel different emotions with this. So many times we have been told it was in our heads. It is like people with chronic fatigue syndrome. How long they went with just being called lazy.

My prayers are with you for your appointment. The only other thing I would think of to bring with you is a pain record if you have one. Personally I don't have one because it is there all the time and every day it gets a little worse.

Take care

Ann Marie

>----- Original Message -----
From: "International Adhesions Society" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> Sender: michelle_mkm@yahoo.com (michelle) Subject: pain, cramping, C, D, and feeling isolated >
> i am feeling very isolated from my abdominal pain, constipation,
> diarhea, etc. Every time i see a new doctor, or they can't figure
> anything out, and i am made to feel it is all in my head, i start to
> believe them! ANYONE ELSE!?!?
> Isn't this rediculous?!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: