Re: adhesions, IBS, inability to loss weight

Tue May 17 20:32:24 2005

Hi, Your problems seem very similar to mine, except i have constant and consistant pain and nausia in addition to constant diarrear. I have been diagnosed with adhesions and i can loose weight, but my stomach area always looks bloated and distended. As far as I know the only way to get "diagnosed" is via exploritory surgery, but if you are not having pain, you may not want to do that as surgery will make adhesions worse.

Have you seen as gasto. Doctor? if not be sure that he or she is familiar with ARD, as some doctors are not. A doctor who is familar with ARD will be better able to help you and perhaps he or she may be able to diagnose without surgery.

If you do have ARD surgery should be a last resort and can cause more trouble than it's worth. As far as, your appearance, if it is not to painful there is no shame in wearing some support around your belly, or maybe some pantyhose with abdominal support or a girtle. Unfortunately That is not an option for me, but may help you. if you do have ARD than consider yourself lucky that you are not in pain, you have been blessed, Stay healthy and fit and i hope that you are able to find some answers. Good luck and may you stay healthy.-Melisa

>
>Sender: skkanehl@earthlink.net (skkanehl)
>Subject: adhesions, IBS, inability to loss weight
>
>Does anyone know how, exactly, adhesions are diagnosed if I am not
>having severe, daily pain, but am having very intestinal problems
>(Having to go (or at least feeling like I have to)a lot, some cramping,
>needing to go very soon after eating, but no constipation)that have
>been diagnosed as IBS.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: