adhesions, IBS, inability to loss weight

Sun May 15 10:27:16 2005

Does anyone know how, exactly, adhesions are diagnosed if I am not having severe, daily pain, but am having very intestinal problems (Having to go (or at least feeling like I have to)a lot, some cramping, needing to go very soon after eating, but no constipation)that have been diagnosed as IBS.

I do have a history of adhesions as I had a bowel obstruction surgery in 1991 as a result of adhesions growth following my appendectomy in the early 80's. I have also had two c-sections - 2000 and 2001. No doctor has ever mentioned or seemed to consider the idea of adhesions, but I wondered if I really have IBS or if my symptoms are actually related to an adhesions problem. Also, I wondered if not being able to lose weight in the abdominal area can be related to a growing number of abdominal adhesions????? What I mean is that I can lose weight, however the "shape" or "size" of my stomach doesn't seem to get smaller .....Does any of this make sense to anyone. I don't seem to be getting very many answers, and when I've asked for advise on losing weight from the doctor, I'm only told to eat less and exercise more, which I do. I don't have much to lose, so its not really a problem, however I am just wondering why? Any information or remarks would be welcome.

--
Suzie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: