Pelvic Adhesions - infertility - surgery....again?

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Tue Sep 28 13:45:13 2004

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Kmjazz53@aol.com Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2004 8:19 PM Subject: Re: Pelvic Adhesions - infertility - surgery....again?

Hello, I wish I could not relate to this story, but it sounds too much like mine. This past March, I had a mass removed from my abdomen after a bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy done in 1983.

Somehow, there were cells left and with the HRT I received since then, part of an ovary and fallopian tube grew back. The adhesions were so bad that the oncologist was unable to remove the ones on the right side, so I am having pain again. The surgery took 5 hours, and the hospital stay was 21 days. I was off work for 4 months due to the wound infection.

The only thing that happened that was beneficial was learning that I have obstructive sleep apnea.......after surgery, I stopped breathing and was taken to respiratory intensive care.

Needless to say, this was a bit to much. I am 55 and have had problems with adhesions since I was 22. At this point, I sleep with a heating pad most nights, take pain medication to go to work, and never want to see another operation again. I have learned that operations begat adhesions and the vicious cycle continues.

Thank you for your time.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: