Re: Doctors won't take pain seriously

Thu Sep 9 11:10:46 2004

Nancy,

Upon reading your post, I thought I was reading my post and then realized you were a different poster!! This is exactly what I went through and do not allow a doctor for one minute to tell you "it's in your head, or it's you nerves." This is the same direction (gi dr.) I was heading with my first obgyn and, I, like you, waited 2 months for an appointment with a gi dr. only to be scheduled for more tests, thus dragging out my suffering and still no diagnosis. The GI dr. told me I did NOT have adhesions. I then decided to turn to my PM dr. and he advised me to find another obgyn. I did and 5 days later was scheduled for a lapro!! I had tons of adhesions all on my right side of my stomach and a hernia to boot!

My advice is for you to find (yet another) obgyn who is familiar with adhesions. Prior to making the appointment, ask the receptionist if this dr. performs lapros for adhesions. There is nothing like waiting 2 months for an appointment and learning the dr. wont even consider adhesions and/or isnt experienced regarding adhesions...

One would think in the year 2004 that Dr.'s would stop looking at women in a different light than men with similiar complaints, but, sadly this is not the case. Some dr's still suspect it's our nerves (in our head) if they are not able to look at a set of tests and "see" a problem.

I wish you the best of luck, and no matter what, keep searching until you are diagnosed/fixed<3.

--
Chriztene

At Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Nancy wrote: > >I had a complete hysterectomy in 2/25/03 due to a fibroid tumor. I >developed pain on my right side and was told that I could have entrapped >nerves near the incision. After injections of steriods, physical >therapy, and exercise; the pain became tolerable. Over the past year I >have experienced a tightening and pulling on the same side. I was told >that it could be adhesions, but there was nothing that they could do. >Nancy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: