Re: FW: pain management

Wed Sep 8 10:01:37 2004

Hello, I know exactly what you are going through. For 3 years I had pelvic pain, had one laparoscopy that didnt show anything but I still had severe pain and all the doctors did was put me on pain killers and then say I was a narcotics addict and the pain was in my head. I finally begged another doctor to do another lap. which showed I had adhesions on both of my ovaries and something called pelvic congestion, which I had to goto another hospital to get fixed. Anyway, between the two laps. I did goto a pain clinic basically all they did was to give me pain medication, the doctor was working with my gyn though, but for the most part all they did was to take care of my pain. I guess the pain clinics can give out more pain medication and they are not questioned like other doctors would be for giving out so many. But, be careful because even though they found my problem if you continue to take the pain medication they will turn it around on you, even though they are the ones giving it to you. But, it might be different for you because I am being seen by military, which believe me are not really the brightest. The doctors at the pain clinic are mostly anesthesiologist's(at least mine where) and he told me that people generally goto a pain clinic when the doctors dont know what is causing there pain and they help the patient to cope with the pain. It would be worth going just to see what they can do, but like you said if there is a problem the pain clinic will not be able to do anything except cover it up with a bunch of pain med's. So, if I were you I would be very aggresive at having them find the problem, that is what I had to do because I would still be having pelvic pain if I did not insist on them doing something. I used to work in the medical feild so I know if a doctor doesnt think he know what is wrong then he will say that nothing is wrong, so if you feel you have a problem look up on the internet your symptoms and test, procedures they can do thats what I did because sometimes doctors just like to take the easy way off, like having you goto a pain clinic that way they dont have to bother with it. Sorry for this being so long but like I said I know how you feel. Sometimes these doctors just dont care or they just dont listen to the patient and I've always believed that the patient knows there own body and when something is wrong, so just keep pushing for him to do something. God Bless

> From: Behalf Of Jeanne Aughenbaugh
> Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 10:20 AM
> To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org
> Subject: pain management
>
> It been awhile since I have written since I have been trying to do
>something about these adhesions. I had surgery with Dr. Gerhart in June
and >I am right back where I started from. 4 1/2 hours of cutting and after he
>filled me with fluid I feft good for about a week and a half and then the
>same old stuff slowly started coming back and now its the same as before
>with the additional soarness.

Enter keywords: