Pelvic Adhesions

Tue Sep 7 12:13:35 2004

I would like to say that I am so relieved to find this website. I feel like I am going crazy and I have only been dealing with adhesions for about 3 months now. It all started with pain on my left lower side of my pelvis area and milk coming out of my right nipple. My gyn ran some tests and found that I have an underactive thyroid and started me on Synthroid. Well, that explained my leaking nipple, but not my pain. I had my laparoscopy on July 7th and they found that my bowel was adhered to my left side pelvic wall. He removed the adhesions and place a piece of membrane (?) over that side to try to block the adhesions from growing back. He said that once I heal from the surgery (2-3 weeks) I will be pain free. Well, it's been about 5 weeks and I'm in more pain on my left lower side than I was before the surgery!!! I just had a CT scan done and the results were normal. They could find nothing wrong other than some "unremarkable" cysts on my ovaries. I am going back to my gyn next week for another pelvic exam. What will another pelvic exam show??? They gave me some Lorecet Plus for pain until I get back to see the gyn. I am so frustrated!!! Please give me some feedback and/or advice. Thanks for all your help.

--
Rachel

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: