Lapaorscopy after Laparotomy

Tue Sep 7 12:13:53 2004

I'm curious about where I am in the Bell Curve, so to speak (and I know there is trouble with the server due to viruses so it may be a while before this gets posted). Have any of you ever had adhesions taken down in what was intended to be a laparoscopic surgery but ultimately had to be converted to a laparotomy due to the density of the adhesions? This happened to me six months after my hysterectomy. My gynecologist said she was afraid to continue lasering for fear of injury to the bowel because my adhesions were "like concrete". Yikes! Obviously, another surgery would be my utmost last option. But, yes, the pain and pulling is back - - just like a big "smile" formation across my abdomen above my old hyst incision line. My question is this: if this has happened to any of you, were you ever able to have a laparoscopic afterwards? When my gyn cut these down via incision she said she should be able to go back in another time and do it laparoscopically. I can't even imagine that this would be possible.

--
Anita

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: