Re: Fitz-Hugh-Curtis syndrome...or...'violin string' adhesions

Tue Sep 7 11:35:37 2004

I am a 26 year old female who is relatively healthy. When I ws 18 years old, I kept having severe abdominal pain. It got to the point where I could not pick up a gallon of milk.

I had a laparoscopy done and had adhesions to the left fallopian tube removed and also had them removed from the liver to the wall of my body. I was told that every 6 years or so they would have to be removed. When I was 23 the pain started to return, sometimes a dull ache, but other times a shooting pain that stopped me dead in my tracks.

I became pregnant shortly after these pains came back. I never had any pain during my pregnancy or a year after. Just in the last two months, the pain is recurring. Usually, around three times a week. It is short-lived, but severe. I try to strecth my body as soon as it begins, but am someimes not able to. Does anyone out there know if I should wait until the pain is unbearable, like last time, or see a doctor? Are there any alternatives to treat these other than surgeries? Thank You. >~ ~ ~ ~

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: