Re: Why do they do surgeries if it makes more adhesions?

Tue Sep 7 11:00:11 2004

Anne: Your doctor may not be to far off base with the IBS drugs depending on which one. I have IBS and Interstitial Cystitis too. True there is only one drug specifically for IC but there are many other drugs used for IC that work well for most people including diet. Maybe if you can control and rid yourself of some of your other causes of pain you can tolerate the adhesions pain easier. You can email me at anitakure@comcast.net and I will try to help you. Of course I am not a doctor or nurse but I have done extensive research on IC and used to lead a support group for IC and know some of the best doctor's there are that treat IC. Sherry

I did email you personally but you may have not gotten my email.

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of International Adhesions Society Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 10:37 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: FW: Why do they do surgeries if it makes more adhesions? From: anneshirley29@yahoo.com (anne) Subject: Why do they do surgeries if it makes more adhesions?

I had adhesions causing rectal, vaginal, and bladder pain. They were on the ovaries and my left ovary was attached to my colon and vagina. The right one was attached to my small intestines and he used forceps to remove a web of adhesions. I had them and the ovaries removed and now the pain is unbearable. I had some pain before surgery but now it is alot worse.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: