adhesions in chest cavity

Sun Jul 11 15:33:19 2004

I too suffer from adhesion from numerous abdominal surgery. I have had a laprascopic surgery that the doctor just cut scar tissue for 40 minutes. He told me that was the most he has ever seen in one person and that my bladder was completely ingulfed and bound to my intestions. Well, that was 2 surgeries ago. On my last surgery {hysterectomy 3 years ago}, the obgyn doc ran into huge amounts of scar tissue not only in my abdomen, but in my chest cavity. What was to be a 1 1/2 hour surgery, turned into 3 1/2 hours. My doc said the scar tissue he cut was overwhelming. His words, "It looked like and alien in there." He asked me if I had been having chest pain recently and I told him that I was, but that my abdomen had been hurting so bad that I just ignored it. He said that he had never encountered anything like that. He didn't know how I was functioning on a daily basis. I told him I barely was.

My question is, "Why is my chest cavity full of adhesions?" I have never had chest surgery before. Immediately after my last surgery I felt like a human again. BUT NOW, the same ol same ol again. I have been suffering not only from the abdomen pain, but chest pain as well. I haven't been back to the doctor to complain, but I am real close to going. I am weary of going through this. I honestly feel like I am having a heart attack and can't hardly breathe. Maybe it isn't the scar tissue issue again, but what else could it be ??????

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: