New to site, please help

Thu Jul 24 15:06:17 2003

Hi, My name is Kerry I live on Long Island and have many medical problems. I first found out i had severe abdominal adhesions when I had a tubal ligation 4 yrs ago. They found that my colon was adhered to my abdominal wall and had to call in a colon-rectal surgeon to do the lysis. They decided that at some point my colon may have perforated and then adhered and sent me to Johns Hopkins in MD. It was there that i was diagnosed with a collagen disease, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. I later needed surgery to repair a hernia where again they found and lysed the adhesions again. I always had severe bleeding with my surgeries and periods after a blood transfusion and severe anemis they did a partial hysterectomy. Unfortunately they left my ovaries alone as it took so long to do the lysis. Last year i had a huge cyst on my left ovary and they had to remove it. At which time they discovered severe adhesions from my umbilicus to my pubic area. It took 5 hours for them to find my ovary. My colon, and small intestines where all clumped together in a large ball of adhesions. I wound up hemorrhaging and having a second procedure to stop the bleeding. The pain has become unbearable and I have been hospitalized numerous times with it. Last month I was admitted for pain again and they discovered that I had diverticulitis. I was in for a week and then released although the pain was still severe. Back to the hospital a week later when they discovered a cyston my left ovary(despite the fact that I do not have a left ovary!!) The Ct's also showed that my colon was very thick and the gastro does not feel that this related to the diverticulitis or collitis and now have me scheduled for a colonoscopy Aug 5. He will use a pediatric scope to minimize the risk of a bleed. As well as administering Novo Seven to help me clot after the biopsies.

Until I found this site I had no idea that the adhesions themselves can cause so many problems I just assumed they were related to my rare collagen disease

i need to find a good doctor in NY and do lots of research. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Kerry kerryandadam@optonline.net

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: