Had Surgery and I was shocked with what the doc found

Thu Jul 24 12:56:43 2003

I have posted off and on about partial small bowel obstructions on this board for several months now. I was getting them every 2-3 weeks and it was unbearable. I was getting severly depressed and nobody would listen to me expecially my doctors. Any way I found a wonderful new doctor---he's a general surgeon. He scheduled me for a diganostice lap on the 15th of this month. Well that lap endedn up in open surgery. My colon was totally flipped over and was stuck to my uterus and tangled in my small bowel. The right side of my colon was fliped over to my left hip bone and had a mass in it---which had to be removed. Thankfully it turned out ok.

My insides were a mess I got to see pictures, he told me he used adhesions barriers. My doctor finally realised why I was hurting. I wish I had found him sooner. I already feel better aside from surgical pain. I'm just taking it easy and recover from surgery.

I'm trying to be optomistic and hope that there is some releif from bowel obstructions. I know that more surgery, expecially the open surgery I had risks more adhesions, but I was loosing my sanity and I had to make the best choice for me and my family. Thanks for listening to me ramble

Heather

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: