Re: up- date on my 7 year old sufferer

Tue Jun 17 09:32:13 2003

Hi Evelyn and Zac, Illness and suffering have no favorites. From the youngest to the oldest, in all nationalities, many, many people suffer. My heart goes out to you both--there is never a rhyme or reason and our motherly, nurturing minds can't comprehend why OUR child is the unfortunate one, the one in pain, and robbed of the quality of life we see in other children. In our minds we know there are other children that suffer also, but often it seems it is only our child dealing with day in and day out battles that never cease. Our lives can end up feeling like sad rainy days each and every day with very few rays of sunshine and always another dark cloud looming ahead. The world goes on, and we sit back and watch. We aren't a participant, only a spectator, stuck in a cruel, unkind, hopeless existence. Each day when we wake, our minds immediately remember "oh, yes, another day in which to hurt"......... We exhaust ourselves as mothers, trying to take their little minds away from the pain, if only for a little while. As they get older they begin to catch on to what mom (mum) is doing and they begin to feel sorry for their mom (mum). And a bond is formed that is more than a mother and her child, two broken hearts are bound together each looking to the other as they both cry out for help. Evelyn, I am so sorry for the pain that is heaped upon your son and the sorrow you deal with each day. Cling to the hope that there is always tomorrow. Each day truly brings new opportunity and new hope. It is so very hard to see it when you are in the middle of the battlefield. All your natural mind can see is attack and enemy all around you..........I know all about those sparse times of "fantastic" days or years you speak of.........we are then lulled into thinking "It is over--we won" and then we are hit again......each time this happens we begin to be afraid to ever rejoice, as we tighten up inside--knowing the victory won't last......... regardless, we must look beyond and believe, believe, believe the day WILL come for our child. Remain steadfast, unmovable, unshakeable, strong and firm in YOUR hope for your child. Surround yourself with books of hope and healing and encouragement. This will help you keep from losing your mind. A special song in your heart will help you and your son too. I know these are mere words written on a page........they don't give you what you so desperately need...........I wish I could give that to you, as I know many others will feel the same as they read about your precious Zac boy.............. but know today I shed a tear for you and many for that sweet Zac..........from one mom to another, I feel your pain and it tears at the soul. Blessings to you both, You will be in my continual prayer. Karen -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 03:40:39 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: up- date on my 7 year old sufferer My son Zac and I have not posted nor read for a while and what alot of changes. Well done to all those concerned.
--

IN brief Zac was born with a malrotation or a deformity
in his bowel and surgeon did life saving surgery to seperate
his obstructed mangled bowel. Adhesions formed and at 2 years old they
removed massive adhesions throughout his bowel.

After about 1.5 fantastic pain/constipation free years
his pain/constipation has worsened gradually year by year.
He suffers almost daily from sore backs, neck, legs and
ofcourse sore tummies. With lots of medication he does go
to the toilet everyday but loading is always a problem.

Right now we are waiting for another battery of tests to commence and
way up the options for further surgery.
He has difficulty concentrating and often daydreams at school. He is
well behind for his age so it puts pressure on us to want to improve his
current health status now.
We also worry about his pain level 20 years from now and the decisions
we make now will have a major impact on him later.

I would love to have some support and feedback from anyone.
We were using lazer treatment for a year but had to stop it as long term
we did not know how it would affect him.

Regards Evelyn
    watsayyou@xtra.co.nz

--
mums the word

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: