Re: Doctors in Chicago

Tue Jun 17 10:46:50 2003

Sherry, I agree with the post this morning from Connie. Also, I would LOVE to know who your US doctor was, as there are people writing me that cannot go to Germany due to the fact that they have no funds and their insurance will not cover the "out of country". I didn't see that Carolyn claimed her results were any better than anyone else's, so I really didn't understand the attack on her post.........she was merely telling HER story. Again, please tell us YOUR story since you have had success...........please don't rain on Carolyn's parade unwarranted............and leave us hanging on your story......... I can tell an equal story about my own daughter and surgery in the US---and it will be much the same as Carolyn's.........I spent 13 plus years trying to find Melissa help. She had 2 surgeries in the US and within 4 months of the first surgery, she was very ill again--but more importantly, never felt ANY relief after that surgery... .... in fact, I was bouncing around her living room right after the first surgery, in ecstasy, as I had PROOF finally of her illness, (photos) and PROOF the problems had been removed (photos)...........when Melissa said after many hours of seeing my joy, "Mom, I really hate to tell you this---I still FEEL very, very, sick--just as before".................WHAT???? How could that be?? I was certain she was mistaken, but I said nothing. My mind couldn't comprehend what she was saying....and I KNEW my daughter had held it in as long as she could--------she had watched me for hours, smiling, laughing, rejoicing over the "problem" being removed!!!!!! She didn't want to tell me her body felt the same..... but only hurt a little more due to the surgery. A second surgery in California left her in bed for 8 weeks upon our return home........and as ill as ever. Mind you, the surgeon was "world renowned", a wonderful person, etc...........BUT, once again..........she still hurt... ........and once again, same pain, with the additional surgery pain. For us, the third time was the charm, as they say............Melissa too had surgery with Dr. Kruschinski in Germany. Upon being wheeled down the hall into her room at the Emma Klinik, Melissa looked up at me rather groggily and said, "Mom.......I feel different this time"............ within HOURS she was ready to get out of bed (although she was not allowed to) and immediately began telling me her breathing felt different (Dr. Kruschinski had already told me "adhesions on diaphragm--she will breathe better now)..........the next day she was walking the hall so fast that I was worried she would hurt herself.........granted, other women that had had surgery weren't moving like Melissa, but they were not as young either... another American woman said, as they passed in the hall, "you'd better slow down"..............lol.............. Melissa was afraid to speak too much that she really felt better---------as she had been sick for so many years and the 2 prior surgeries that had not helped her left her so saddened and angry that she had fought me about going to Germany (convinced it would be a worthless trip)..............THAT IS HOW THE US SURGERIES AFFECTED MY DAUGHTER!! So, all that said.........whew......this is why Carolyn is happy......same reason we are happy.........she and Melissa FELT DIFFERENT RIGHT AFTER SURGERY.......not something that was achieved after US surgery. Melissa and I were walking downtown, by the river, etc. on the third day after her surgery with Dr. Kruschinski. The next day, we went again....... and then she began saying her intestines "seemed to be trying to work"...... .....she had surgery pain, but was not intolerable and she was on very little pain medication (for surgery pain)............Melissa was one of the few that had to have more surgery at her second look and that surgery was a little harder to jump up from.........but, still not as bad as what she had had in the US...........by the time we boarded the plane to fly home she was opening up a little, talking more, etc........but still rather reserved--and the suspense was killing me.............. during the flight she said, "Mom, I am a little worried.........I can no longer feel my intestines........it makes me think something is wrong....... .even though I am not hurting in my stomach like I was, I can't feel my intestines...........and it is making me worry...........you feel your intestines, don't you???" I realized then, she had NO recollection of what wellness felt like......... ..and I had to cry........I gently explained to her, "No, you are not SUPPOSE to feel your intestines".................then she began telling me that her stomach had felt SO relaxed since surgery that she thought something HAD to be wrong! Dr. Kruschinski said there was not an area of Melissa's large or small bowel that did not have adhesions............loops and loops and loops of adhesions..........and he stated to me after her surgery "food could not pass through"................... I was told in the US surgeries, "her bowel is not involved"............. So, Sherry, no one is stating anything "for certain"...........as we all know LIFE is uncertain. Carolyn was only stating her experience and how glad she is to be FREE from the pain of adhesions. There was a difference after the surgery with Dr. Kruschinski, a difference that is FELT in the body, a difference that makes you want to share with others................ Best Wishes, Karen -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Monday, June 16, 2003 07:20:30 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Doctors in Chicago I don't mean to be a skeptic, but truth is, guess I am. When did you have your surgery in Germany? Is it not true that adhesions can reoccur even years later? How do you know that you are absolutely going to be adhesion free?
--

I had an adhesiolysis here in the U.S. in December and am still adhesion
free.  How do we know for sure your results will be any better than mine?
Again, don't mean this harshly in any way...just don't see how you all can
know for certain that your results will be better than mine or anyone elses.

Sherry

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: