Re: Hysterectomy: The Operation Women May Not Need.....There are alternatives to a hysterectomy!!

Wed Jan 29 15:17:43 2003

I have replied within your message.

~ ~ ~ ~

At Wed, 29 Jan 2003, winged phantom wrote:

Dear Helen, I don't have fibroids or endo, and the gyne/onc doesn't think I have any type of gyne cancer from the looks of things. But he thinks the adhesions are secondary to some sort of abdominal infection... either diverticulitis or a uterine infection (and I don't remember having symptoms that would support either theory). And as a distant third guess, it could be some sort of tube malignancy. My mother had endometrial cancer,

HD> You said you had "some cysts on my ovaries in the past..." When cysts rupture, there is no way for this fluid to leave the body. When this happens the human body recognizes this fluid (from cysts) as being foreign--and sends out it "army" to encapsulate this fluid--and this will cause adhesions to form.

HD> Any trauma to the abdominopelvic cavity--such as a seat-belt injury or other kind of blow to that area--is a known cause of adhesions.

HD> An unrecognized infection - such as pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is a cause of adhesions.

HD> I'm not a medical professional; but I believe there are diagnostic tests that can be done to find out if you have cancer. There are NO diagnostic tests--except a diagnostic laparoscopy--that can diagnose either adhesions or endometriosis; and a diagnostic laparoscopy is also a surgical procedure--which could cause additional adhesions.....Unless you chose a surgeon, who is having some success with adhesiolysis procedures. There may be many surgeons in the United States, who are having some success with adhesiolysis procedures; but I only know of 5 in the United States and 2 in Germany.

HD> THERE ARE NO SURGEONS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, WHO CAN GUARANTEE THAT ADHESIONS WILL NOT FORM!! The human body is in charge of the healing that occurs; and research continues to search for the magic formula that will surpass the defenses of the human body.

HD> SprayGel is showing great promises; but SprayGel is available only for participants of the clinical trials that are taking place in the United States. The European Union approved SprayGel in November 2001; and that is one of the reasons some adhesion-sufferers have gone (or are going) to Germany for surgery.

I'm past menopause, and I continue to have all the symptoms of ovarian cancer... and of course I'm afraid of getting endometrial cancer. So do you really think I should not have a hysterectomy? Please answer; I'm not looking for a fight, just some more suggestions and ideas. You know, thirty heads are better than just one which can't think straight because of the pain. (I fell in love with my new neurosurgeon last week. Twice I could not think of the names of people, and he gently told me that pain more than explains loss of memory.)wr

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: