Re: Hysterectomy: The Operation Women May Not Need.....There are alternatives to a hysterectomy!!

Wed Jan 29 14:37:55 2003

Dear Helen, I don't have fibroids or endo, and the gyne/onc doesn't think I have any type of gyne cancer from the looks of things. But he thinks the adhesions are secondary to some sort of abdominal infection... either diverticulitis or a uterine infection (and I don't remember having symptoms that would support either theory). And as a distant third guess, it could be some sort of tube malignancy. My mother had endometrial cancer, I've had some cysts on my ovaries in the past, I'm past menopause, and I continue to have all the symptoms of ovarian cancer... and of course I'm afraid of getting endometrial cancer. So do you really think I should not have a hysterectomy? Please answer; I'm not looking for a fight, just some more suggestions and ideas. You know, thirty heads are better than just one which can't think straight because of the pain. (I fell in love with my new neurosurgeon last week. Twice I could not think of the names of people, and he gently told me that pain more than explains loss of memory.) wr

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: