Re: Colitis caused by Adhesions

Tue Jan 28 21:33:30 2003

Dear Rebecca,

Please, please know that you have come to the right place for support and uplifting. You are not alone. It wasn't until November of last year that I found this site and it has been the sole reason on some days that I even attempt to get out of bed at all. I was depressed and going to quit and the words of my new "family" gave me strength and light to get back up and start again. I am now looking forward to having a surgery in Germany with the Spray-gel. It has been working for many women and one man so far. I just wish that I had the magic words to help you thru this darkened time, but please don't give up! We all need you here....we learn from everyone's experiences, so please share them with us as you have already started and know that you are not alone! If there is anything that I can do to help you out, please let me know. I, too, suffer daily in pain. I didn't used to be chronic until my last surgery in Aug. 2002. We all have our different stories to tell, but please know that everyone's story matters. I have adhesions on my liver, kidney, ovaries, adominal wall, pelvic wall, uterus and anywhere else that they can find. Oh, and let's not forget the intestines. I've had the diarreah, but not like you, so I can't share any knowledge about that, but you will probably recieve many messages about it tomorrow...keep checking your computer for them. You will find that many suffer with the same things as you.

Hope you are feeling better....write to me any time. Know that you have our support here. We all fight the fight against adhesions TOGETHER, ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!

Love and God Bless, Tonya

>----- Original Message -----
From: Rebecca Tucker <anonymous@medispecialty.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 8:51 PM Subject: Colitis caused by Adhesions

> Hi all...I'm new. Actually, I've been here before, long ago before
> David even had the website up and running. I've had six major belly
> surgeries and too many bowel obstructions to count. I've lived on TPN
> and still have my second port-a-cath. (Thank God for TPN or I wouldn't
> be here.)
> There's something new, though, and I'm hoping to find someone who has
> been through this and can give me some encouragement. I have developed
> ischemic colitis, or lack of oxygen to the intestine, causing severe
> diarrhea with all solid foods and some bleeding (not too bad) and of
> course......pain.
> I'm afraid if I have to have any more surgery, it will be for the final
> ileostomy. My adhesions started because of a sloppy hysterectomy at the