Re: Colitis caused by Adhesions

Wed Jan 29 04:33:50 2003

Dear Rebecca, I too am here from a bad hyst and endo that was never taken. I recently lost most of my bladder function.Suspose to cath for the rest of my life now. I am 41. I am lucky that I have only had 1 lap back in the 80's and then the hyst. It has taken all I had financially and till my bladder troubles my family chose to ingnore my plight, even then...(sigh). I am going to germany as I feel it is my best chance. I pretty much had to beg and borrow the money but it came to me much quicker than I thought.Please,I don't want to make you feel worse if you know this is not an option for you.It might not hurt to send your medical records to germany as no surgeon in USA would touch me but they have taken the challenge. Lisa or Helen or Sally can help you there.I don't know what a TPS is and also where are you. I know the thought of a bag is what has prompted me to try to get anything I can back from this devil disease. You sound well versed in your care but maybe, just maybe there is someone in your area. A different doc a different set of eyes....do you have friends that could help you. By law you are entitled to get more opinions as to this horrible plight.Perhaps an IAS volunteer is with in reach and some are so good hearted that they my come to you if you need assistance. Please tell us more about your situation and maybe we can help. Please do not give up hope. Perhaps Dr. Wiseman could help as he has so many others. I do not know if your surgery date is immenent but an email to him may help. It may take him a bit, but he always gets back. As for depression. Most here are on medication for this and perhaps you already are too. Anyone who visits here has a big reason to be depressed. If you don't take them ask your doc, if you do perhaps till you get thru this crisis you can have your dose increased. Gob bless and I will prayer for hope and and a better answer than you have on your plate. I am just an email away. hang on we are here and you are not alone. Much love, Dawn

At Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Rainchild wrote: >ifferent

>

>>>----- Original Message -----
>From: Rebecca Tucker <anonymous@medispecialty.com>
>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com>
>Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 8:51 PM
>Subject: Colitis caused by Adhesions
>
>> Hi all...I'm new. Actually, I've been here before, long ago before
>> David even had the website up and running. I've had six major belly
>> surgeries and too many bowel obstructions to count. I've lived on TPN
>> and still have my second port-a-cath. (Thank God for TPN or I wouldn't
>> be here.)
>> There's something new, though, and I'm hoping to find someone who has
>> been through this and can give me some encouragement. I have developed
>> ischemic colitis, or lack of oxygen to the intestine, causing severe
>> diarrhea with all solid foods and some bleeding (not too bad) and of
>> course......pain.
>> I'm afraid if I have to have any more surgery, it will be for the final
>> ileostomy. My adhesions started because of a sloppy hysterectomy at the
>> age of 31. My first obstruction came six years later and I lost part of
>> the colon that time. I'm sure I'm writing the story for half the people
>> here, so I will spare you the rest of the details. This is hard and I'm
>> getting depressed. (I've been able to keep a pretty stiff upper lip for
>> quite a while, but I'm sinking fast....I feel a righteous pitty party
>> heading my way!!!)
>> Anyway, thanks for being here and it's very comforting to read your
>> entries containing hope and life.
>> Rebecca
>>

--
I'm no doctor, just a fellow sufferer like you but I hope you consider me a new friend.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: