Re: IUD

Thu Jan 23 10:24:31 2003

Good Morning, Sherry,

I read your story on the quilt and it made me cry. How could doctors be so cruel and insensitive. I have spent the last four years trying to find a doctor that understood my pain and would treat it, but just until I moved to Boise about 2 1/2 months ago did I find a really good team of doctors that are finally addressing the pain issue. I am in pain management now and it's helping some. They are still trying to find the right combo of meds that work for me. I went yesterday and that was the first time that I've ever had a doctor say to me that he will do everything that he can to give me back some quality of life. I just sat there in his office and cried. Those words were so precious to me. I've been in such pain since my last surgery and it just keeps getting worse. My last surgery was Aug. 2002 and that was the surgery that put me over the edge. I don't know what he did to me, but I am far worse now then when I went in. I have nerve damage now and I am trying to put together a trip to Germany to see if Dr. K can help me. I am getting married in June and I am either going to go before the wedding or after. But one way or the other, I will walk down that isle even if I have to crawl!

I am happy to hear that you are doing better since your last surgery. I hope that it stays that way for you. If even one person has a happy ending from this terrible disease, that gives us all hope to keep trying until we each recieve full delivery.

I hope that your day is going well. Please keep posting. It's been so nice talking to you each day.

Friends, Tonya

>From: Nameloc51@aol.com
>Reply-To: adhesions@adhesions.org
>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
><adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com>
>Subject: Re: IUD
>Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:43:24 -0600
>
>You are so sweet, Tonya...thanks. Yes, I have written my story on the
>quilt...Sherry Coleman....It's kinda long...I will have to look for yours.
>
>This adhesion thing is such a monster...I have had one adhesiolysis...my
>intestines and ovary were stuck together and then stuck to the pelvic
>sidewall...my bladder was stuck to anterior abdominal wall. I was
>miserable
>for a year...constantly nauseated, had trouble urinating, couldn't eat
>much...mostly slim fast, one small meal a day, constipated and in pain.
>I'm
>thankful...others have it so much worse. My doctor was willing to do the
>adhesiolysis and used Intergel, but his theory is that once the ovaries are
>removed, other organs that are stuck by adhesions will not cause pain. I
>don't buy it, but I respect his opinion.
>
>Anyway for now, I am doing well...since my surgery...and hoping to stay
>well.
>Again thanks for replying. Like I said, I know it's a busy board and
>adhesions are a huge problem.
>
>Sherry

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: