One More Log for the Fire

Thu Jan 9 18:40:18 2003

I almost hate to say this, but I feel an odd sense of responsibity to bring it up. Maybe because I like to stir up the pot, but maybe also because I really think there maybe some bad players out there. I want my patients who may read this message board to know there are other opinions.

I am disturbed by the number of posts on this site that deal with narcotic use. Some of the posts almost have an "exchanging recipes" feel to them. I prescribe narcotics regularly for patients with real pain, but am always worried about addiction. And someone with poor bowel motility surely doesn't need to be on chronic narcotics.

I also am disturbed by the number of posts that describe in detail how to get money for your adhesion pain. Sure, if you are disabled from your adhesions, you should be able to collect what is yours. But there seem to be almost as many how-to posts on getting disability as there are discussions on the disease. There is even one post on how to get disability if you have interstitial cystitis (how is this connected??).

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: