Re: One More Log for the Fire

Thu Jan 9 19:56:48 2003

Okay, I wasn't going to post anything to this mess but you have made me angry. First off, I went to Germany 5 weeks ago. This was a decision that was made after asking a lot of questions and talking it over with my own Dr. and discussing it with patients that had gone. As far as the narcotic use, most people that are in pain do not get "hooked. I worked in Substance Abuse until I had to quit because of of my illness. It is not an exchanging recipes as you say. When I was going to pain management, I would suggest a med that was helping someone on this site to my pain man. doc and we would try it to see if it helped me. He was open to any thing that was safe and would help. I was on Narcotics until my surgery in Germany and now I am off and have not had any problems getting off of them. Another thing, I have always been a hard worker having worked in the mental health and substance abuse field. I had to quit to stay home because of the pain. I thought seriously about collecting disability as it has crunched my family financially. You don't know how hard that is to have to do. But now I will be ready to go back to work in a few weeks. People that actually decide to collect disability don't know where to begin so they can ask here on this site. Now is that a problem?? Some of us have other health problems such as Cystitus that seem to go along with adhesions that is why we talk about them on this site. You make us sound like a bunch of drug-using, money-grabbing, lazy, un-educated women . We could be your mother, sister, daughter or wife. So please do not put us down like that. Kelly -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Thursday, January 09, 2003 07:44:32 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: One More Log for the Fire I almost hate to say this, but I feel an odd sense of responsibity to bring it up. Maybe because I like to stir up the pot, but maybe also because I really think there maybe some bad players out there. I want my patients who may read this message board to know there are other opinions.
--

I am disturbed by the number of posts on this site that deal with
narcotic use. Some of the posts almost have an "exchanging recipes"
feel to them. I prescribe narcotics regularly for patients with real
pain, but am always worried about addiction. And someone with poor
bowel motility surely doesn't need to be on chronic narcotics.

I also am disturbed by the number of posts that describe in detail how
to get money for your adhesion pain. Sure, if you are disabled from
your adhesions, you should be able to collect what is yours. But there
seem to be almost as many how-to posts on getting disability as there
are discussions on the disease. There is even one post on how to get
disability if you have interstitial cystitis (how is this connected??).

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: