Re: Dr. Moore Responds

Thu Jan 9 17:17:30 2003

Dear Dr. Moore, first of all, let me thank you for your' reply back!!! Secondly, let me say, in no way was I bashing you personally as a Dr. What I get upset with is the fact that too many doctor's write us off, and tell us, adhesions do not cause pain!!! They do,and there are far too many of us out here,to verify this!!! Also, for some reason, now this is just the feeling I got from reading your' email, you seem somewhat frustrated with Dr.K, and what he is doing!!! If so many people are in fact getting relief from his surgery, then what would the problem be? Also, as I said in my previous email, if spending money to find relief, and this relief brings about a better, improved quality of life, then I would say, go for it!!!! All medical training in the world cannot bring about a total understanding of what pain is all about, the true sense of understanding pain, comes about when one has personally suffered from the pain....Never once did I say, a surgeon could not be a wonderful surgeon unless he had the same condition as the patient....I believe there are many skilled doctor's out there! I just will continue to maintain, that no doctor, and nobody, can fully understand what we feel, what our daily lives are truly like!!!! That, I am sure you cannot deny!!! Each one of us on this forum have done tons of research, and one of the reasons why we have, is simply because, our medical communties have failed us, we have been tossed out, and been told, far too many times, it's all in our heads, and here, take these anti-depressants, you should feel better soon......not the case, we came here, to find out WHY, we suffer so terribly, and to find out what possibilities are out there, and to obviously find a doctor somewhere, that may be able to help us to live a more reasonable life....if only to get rid of some of the problems, for even a short while!!! Basically , what I personally feel would be a real wonderful thing to see, is this: To, see doctor's take a more in depth look into this trouble some problem, and try to find some type of a solution , there may be no absolute cure , but even some remote understanding would be a start! I also suffer from endometriosis, and have yet to come across a doctor, that truly has any compassion! Surgery after surgery, and never once did i understand that I could develop these terrible adhesions simply from having surgery, nobody informed me of such things....I am from Canada, and maybe things are slightly different in that manor here, iam not sure!!! See, what frustrates me is, if one has Cancer, it is a very known disease, everyone knows of it, the doctor's have compassion for the patient with cancer.......but when it comes to this, it's a mystery , and nobody seems to even want to discuss it, it seems such a tabo subject!!! I could carry on forever, but i won't.....you are a very young doctor, and have many years to research and help many people in need, I am only one year older than yourself, and boy, if it were me, this much i have learned! : We are all people, no matter what we do, or how much money we have, nothing in this world matter's unless you have your' health! So, in closing, I want to ask you this, please during your' travels, and when you see and hear your' patients, please remember how they may feel, and think of how you might feel if in their shoes!!!! No medical training in this world, can teach you how to simply be just a human being........sometimes the very best doctor's are the ones, that show compassion, understanding, and show their patient that are eager to try to help, throw the medical terminology out the door sometimes, and just talk..........most of the jargen really doesn't mean a thing to the average person...........Thanks for your' response, and please, nobody is pointing a finger at you!!!! We welcome anyone here, that is willing to try to help us, and learn with us!!!!!! Any decent and kind treatment is alway's welcome........

Sincerely, Cherryl koolinsask@aol.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: