questions

Fri Oct 18 10:47:35 2002

Hi everyone...I have been silently reading everyone else's posts and decided it was time to post my own. I am 42. I had 2 c-sections, 1 hysterectomy with left ovary removal, 1 small bowel obstruction, 1 gallbladder removal; all done abdominally not lap. It has been 15 years since I have had surgery and over the last couple years it has been to where it is affecting the quality of my life. A lot of times I can ignore it, but not anymore. I also have been put through the wringer of diagnostic testing. But noone has mentioned the possibility of adhesions even though I look like a road map. I am having sharp pain in my lower left quadrant that normally shoots down into the pelvic area and is now traveling around my side and to my back? I also have frequent UTI infections (at least 5/6 yearly). Daily I get this horrible contracting feeling that reminds me so much of the beginning stages of labor. I tell everyone it's like I'm giving birth to my bladder. I have been trying to deal with this on my own, going to doctors then giving up, then going to doctors. I am now seeing a surgeon who has run the upper GI and ultrasound (normal) and now wants to run on Thursday (again) a colonoscopy. Does this sound like adhestions, and if this colonoscopy is normal, do I have the right as a patient to request a lap? Thanks.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: