HI, update & etc.

Wed Aug 14 08:14:53 2002

Dear All, I still have not slept all night since my Hernia repair surgery in June. Even though I have tried several different sleeping meds, a few prescription. Although I am not waking every hour. I am starting to get a couple or more hours of sleep at a time. I am also having some pain at the navel, where I had my surgery at. I have a 3 1/2 inch incision at the bottom of my navel & mesh about 1-1/2 inch all the way around the navel. I am not sure how much pain this is causing because of the meds I take for the adhesion pain. Oxycontin 80mg 2x day and Vicodin 10mg for the breakthrough pain (4-6 a day). How long does it really take to recouperate from Hernia repair surgery, I didn't really get that information from the Dr that did it When I had my staples out, I saw a different DR because mine was off. The one that did it, really didn't want to do it, but didn't have any choice, so he really wasn't very informative. Is it normal to still have pain after 2 months? I went to my DR on Monday for more sleeping pills, the last ones I got didn't work too well. (waking every hour on the hour). I also got a prescription for a "steriod blast" for my knees. The inside of the knee cap is rubbing on the femur bone on both knees. Exercise is the only thing to help & the adhesion pain keeps me from exercising. My knees had become so very painfull all the time, not just sitting & standing up. Today is the 2nd day on them & I can already feel the difference! Also, I had to get something for my swollen feet & ankels. They had swollen so much it was making it hard to walk. With the meds, they have already gone down by half, Im feeling better. My Dr is going to send me to a pulanari(sp) expert to see if he can get me into the sleep apnia clinic. I have always had problems breathing & snoring at night. Hubby thinks the harder time I have breathing & the more struggling I do affects the amount of pain I have the next day. The insurance rejected it from my regular dr although my DR told the ins co that my hubby said I stopped breathing at night! I think the insurance co denied it because it is me. They are tired of getting all the referals & stuff on me! I hope that everyone will have a comfy day! Thanks for listening!! love robin M

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: