Re: Chronic Pelvic Pain and Adominal Adhesion

Wed Jul 17 17:56:37 2002

Dear Tammy, Welcome! It's nice to meet you but I am very sorry about what you are going through. If you have adhesions this is the place to be. First thing to do is read the quilt. The stories there are horrifying just as yours is and ask lots of questions. I am kinda new here but the people here are fantastic. They are very knowledgeable and will give you lots of useful information. We have heard of spray gel and so far what we have heard is promising. Your in my prayers for pain free days. Hang in there and let us help in any way we can. Your friend, Jan

>----- Original Message -----
From: tammytl@msn.com Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 3:04 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Chronic Pelvic Pain and Adominal Adhesion

I am a 32-year-old woman that has a long history of built up scar tissue (adhesions) in my abdomen. I brought 3 beautiful children into this world through my abdomen, each one left more and more scar tissue behind and each time it grew worse and worse inside. About a year ago I had a complete hysterectomy due to the excessive adhesions and scar tissue, the OP report was gross, a lot of scarring, on my bladder, intestines, abdominal walls ect. Most, if not all or more of the adhesions and scar tissue has returned. To my despair, the surgeons are afraid to go in again, a recent CAT Scan shows all my organs are in place, so they won't go in again since a repeat surgery could do more damage than good. At that response I feel like my life is over. I am in pain all the time and though I am not suicidal I all too often pray and plead that God will bring me home soon. Because of extreme chronic pain, my Dr has put me on disability. I am a workaholic, I love to work, and went to school to earn a degree that would provide me with career opportunities. NOW… I can’t work, can’t play, it’s hard for me to sit long enough to type this message and do the research that will hopefully some day bring me the hope and answers that will make my life meaningful to me again. My Dr has informed me about a clinical trial that might be going on to test and approve a new drug just for the reduction of internal scarring. This new product is a spray that once applied to the internal adhesions creates a gel that dissolves in about a week to two weeks, giving the adhesion time to form a scar that won't reform over and over again creating the "sticky" mess that I am currently dealing with. Has anyone heard anymore about this new product that hasn't yet been approved by the FDA? If you have heard about this new wonder drug, or have any advice please direct it to me and to this board. Through IAS, Internal Adhesions Society (I can hardly believe this Society exists) I have visited some interesting sites and collected some valuable info that I will be passing on to my Dr. One thing that helps, now that I have found this board, I don’t feel so alone, TOGETHER we can beat this! Good Luck and God Bless All

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: