Vaginal Hysteroctomy Verus Abdominal Hysterectomy

Wed Jun 5 17:42:28 2002

I'am scheduled for a hysteroctomy on June 24th and if anyone could please give me some information on these 2 subjects it would be greatly appreciated. My doctor wants to do a vaginal hysterectomy because the healing process is shorter. I was not really comfortable with the suggestion to begin with and now I have spoken to a couple of different people who have had one or knows someone that has had one. But the outcome for both people have not been good. I could use someones advice cause now I'am scared to death to have it done vaginally. I've had 4 surgeries in one year. I have had a laporscopy, 3DC'S, Tubligation and given birth and had my gullblatter removed. Now I have a hole inside my stomach. I'am really nervous about them hitting a major organ or hitting scar tissue by having the procedure done vaginally. So any information or advice would be really nice. In my opinion I think I'd rather be cut open so they can see what their doing rather than taking a chance by them going by feel. I'am crazy or what is your opinion? Thanks so much for your help.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: