Re: Scheduled for a pelvic CT scan without contrast.

Thu May 16 20:27:20 2002

Angie, I'm so sorry for what happened to you. I feel just lousy. Last Wed., I had a pelvic CT scan with contrast, which didn't really show much. It did say there was no real twisting of bowels, but the report said Ct scans may not find adhesions. Then today, I had another Ct of abdomen and pelvis. My luck... the Drs. office was to get the report in a few hours, but the fax was down at the Ct office. I had to go out, much against my will, and when I got home, there were 2 calls from the Drs. office about the scan. But they didn't say what it showed. I had some bm, but I think the barium worsened things, and I'm afraid to take laxatives since I don't know report of today's CT. I am a nervous wreck. I am really petrified of more surgery... BIG time!!! I only had minimal endo, but she did hyst, anyway, and really messed me up. I had the small bowel series this past June, but it didn't realy show too much. You were very young to have had a hyst. I'm far from being a medical professional, but there are WAY too many hysts being performed, and it's not all 'peaches & cream' for all of us. My heart goes out to you. Millie.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: SammyD832@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 10:35 PM Subject: Re: Scheduled for a pelvic CT scan without contrast.

--
  Millie,
  Hello I'm new to the post but read mostly everyday.My name is Angie,and
  I just wanted to share with you about my experiance with twisting of the
  bowels  because you sound sort of what I've already been through. In 2000
  they took out half of my colon and 3 feet of my intestines!! Still here I sit going
  from dr. to dr. still in constant severe pain.Been suffering with adhesions for 18 years, done had about 12 surguries because of the massive webs of adhesions all over my pelvis & abdomen. They are on my kidneys, Bladder,
  Ureters, spleen, Ribcage,gallbladder, spine&tailbone......Everywhere,
  because everytime they go in in a month, they are back. I thought in my 20's
  when they told me I had to have a complete hysterectomy due to
  endometreoisos that all my problems would be over; they had only just
  began!! Well what I would like to share with you is how they found out 
  my bowels were strangulated and twisted and blocked was they did a mri 
  & a small bowel series, in that one X-RAY it shows alot . It showed how also
  adhesions had my colon grown and attached to my left ribcage, &then all
  the rest, well I still day in & day out fight the most horrible severe pain as
  I'm sure you know!! Gosh, If only they could at least treat this like it's a
  Diease & find a cure or just some answers>>>(IF ) Well just wanted to introduce myself, and let you know I'm here to offer any advice, and hear
  any you all have for me.........It;s been about 4 nights and I enjoy reading
  you alls letters it makes me feel like someone out there understands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  we'll god bless you all and have a blessed and peaceful as possible night!
       your friend, Angie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: