Re: The Legal Stuff on Pain Meds...&...Model Guidelines for the Use of Controlle

Tue Apr 30 20:43:23 2002

I saw pain clinic doc. and nurse practioner today, I get the feeling that their approach to "Multi-disciplinary regiman" is just a way for them to, again, have udder control over what and how much i can do with my own body! Never mind the fact that the meds arent adequetly releiving the pain, they just, "must adhere to certain guidelines". So for me the pain suffer that means, too bad sucker you will have to suffer. And heaven for bid I should have a bad day and need to take a few more pills than they want me to, then that will show up in my blood work and I could be elminated from the program! I am only "allowed" 2 Percoset a day! I told doc today that is NOT adequate pain relief, and his response(and nurse pract.) was, "we need you to try one more injection,(in the low back), which is relativerly painless, it's like an epidural, and if that does not work than we are we will not push any further injections on you,." " and then if you can control the pain on the low dose opiates you can stay on those for a very long time." I just do not like anyone have this much control over me. I have been on and off opitate medication for 2 years now, due to several surgeries and some chronic pain relapes(adhesions), my tolerance is higher than someone who hasnt gone thru all these surgeries i have. They will not budge! I can NOT, at this time take anymore than 2 percoset a day, or I have to make yet ANOTHER APPT! $15.00! to discuss this in detail. Until i get the stupid injection they want me to do i can not get them to here me!

any comments anyone??

Gwen(yoonmenam@msn.com)

>----- Original Message -----
From: Helen DyndaSent: Sunday, April 28, 2002 9:51 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: The Legal Stuff on Pain Meds...&...Model Guidelines for the Use of Controlled Substances for the Treatment of Pain

THE LEGAL STUFF ON PAIN MEDS

Here is what was adopted by the House of Delegates of the Federation of State Medical Boards in May of 1998, for use by all State Medical Boards. Read the section on Addiction. Addiction is NOT the same thing as dependence; which all Pain Patients, who take Opiates, experience. Even though this is meant for State Medical Boards, anyone can use this to show to their doctor, their family, or to anyone who has reservations about their taking Opiates. It clearly spells out that 99.99% of patients, who take Opiates, DO NOT become addicted among other things. -- Jim

~ ~ ~ ~

MODEL GUIDELINES FOR THE USE OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES FOR THE TREATMENT OF PAIN

http://www.medsch.wisc.edu/painpolicy/matrix.htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: