Methadone to treat pelvic adhesion pain??? anyone else?

Sat Apr 27 02:18:28 2002

Hi all!

I have finally gotten into a pain managment/P.T. clinic. The 1st drug(s) they started me with was Vicodin and Neurontin. Now I am on Percoset (2x a day 5/325), and Methadone (3x aday). Iam very worried about taking the methadone; I hear it's hard to withdraw from. I have, sucessfully withdrawn from Percoset but hopefully they know what they are doing here and can make the withdraw from this METHADONE, succesful too. Is it true that the Methadone blocks the opiate effect in percoset, so withdrawing from tthe PERCOSET isnt a problem?? Any comments? From what I've read is the routinely give the Methadone to opiate addicts. Is that what this pain doctor thinks? I would be insulted if that's all he thinks I am at the pain clinc for! I have legitimate PAIN from these adhesions, and for him to even maybe, insinuate that I only be addicted to the Percoset would concern me, because then we have a hole in our relationship. I am probablly just over-reacting but one can never be to careful when it comes to treating your chronic pain, and to be sure that docs. take it seriously! I am also on a new drug at night, ZANAFLEX, it'a a anti-spasam med. 2mg. once a night, it makes me very drowsy, but I STILL WAKE UP A LOT AT NIGHT. I called a pharmacist and he said the Methadone will casue insomnia, in some people it's so bad they have to stop using it. I do beleive that will be. I ahvent had a restful night for 7 days! I wake up every 1-2hrs! Yuk.

So that's my story, any comments, are welcome.

--
Gwen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: