Re: New to the site

Fri Apr 12 01:46:24 2002

At Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Maya wrote: >

Hi Maya, I just read your post, and my god it is my story! It all began last February with a hysterectomy fo rme as well. And, yes my dear the doctors tell you it is all in your head. You will find others here who have similar stories to yours, and have had the same things told to them time and time again. Oh, and the Navy doctors are telling you the same that many doctors would also say.

First, educate yourself as much as possible on Adhesions Disorder. Second, read the quilt, its on this web-site, and you will see stories of individuals whom have pain related to adhesions,a dn how it has affected their lives. Third-There are a few, and I mean few doctors who deal surgically with adhesions, but they are expensive, as insurance usally does not cover the procedure. The other option is to find a good pain doctor who is willing to work with you on your pain. There is help out there, but you might have to search through a few physians before finding one who believes in pain stemming from adhesions.

And, lastly, write to people, talk to people, and ask for help if you need to. We are here to help one another through trying times, whether good or bad. We have all cried, and had thoughts that we might not be able to live like this. We choose to live simply because we are strong, and most importantly we are not alone. em/Washington State >Hello,
>My name is Maya and this my first time posting here. I am a 29 year old
>mother of three and a wife. I had a full hysterectomy of febuary
>14,2001 and have since suffered from adhesions. I have had three
>Laperoscopies(sp) and still suffer in pain daily. since my husband is
>in the US Navy I am stuck dealing with the military Doctors. In the
>last few months I have been tossed from Gyn to Urology, to Gi and back
>to Gyn. Today I was told by the Gyn doctor that adhesions do not cause
>pain and that none of the doctors will even think about doing more
>surgery. I have also seen the pain docs there and was told that before
>they will even consider narcotic pain meds I have to try a series of
>drugs which include drugs given to epiliptic patients to control sezures
>and antidepersants. I am tied of hurting, tired of cring, and tired of
>not being able to be the playful happy person I used to be. I was sent
>for testing to see if I have remenants of ovaries left and will have to
>follow up next week. However I don't get my hopes up anymore.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: