Re: glad to find this message board

Sat Mar 23 13:28:29 2002

Dear Candy, I used to be afraid I would become a "drug addict" but not any more. I'm so sick of the pain, I don't care. And I also know that I can stop taking meds when the pain stops. If I can endure what I've been through, I'm not about to be afraid of some pills that don't hurt your body and are easier on your system than over-the-counter tylenol. Yes, straight opiates are not hard on your body, its the other stuff that kills you. Look it up. And I'm not a doctor, nor can I nor should I give medical advice, just my personal opinion based on what I've read. http://www.adhesions.org Look up emails from Helen Dynda about pain and medication. She's great. Look at the old stuff and read the whole site. Don't be so afraid of pain meds, but get the information on the medicines and read it. Some of the side effects on the stuff doctors readily prescribe are horrible, while the stuff they won't prescribe, like oxycontin, are fairly benign. Again, I'm not a doctor, just a fellow sufferer. Good Luck, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: