Re: Julie Johns from Sally

Tue Jan 29 23:40:16 2002

Sally, Thanks for responding to my e-mail. Did you ever go to Penn for the surgery? Did that alleviate some of your pain or did it come back? When do you go to Davis? I am still trying to figure out if I do have adhesion related pain. It is sure hard to believe that it wasn't caused by my c-section. By the way, the OB that did my c-section basically told me she couldn't help me anymore and has not returned the last three phone calls.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Sally Grigg To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2002 10:48 AM Subject: Re: Julie Johns from Sally

Dear Julie, I have been going to a local gyn for the past two years, my family doctor wouldn't give out opiates to the dying, (sorry for the sarcasm, and maybe he would, but he doesn't think adhesions are "anything"), the obgyn. who did my hysterectomy "dropped" me after twenty years when I complained about pain after the operation. He said it was probably adhesions but he was disinclined to give me pain medication despite the horrible pain. He believed I was in pain, but he didn't want me to become an "addict". I think he was also afraid that I would blame him for putting me in such agony. I had fought him for years about the hysterectomy, and I finally gave in. I think he might have felt a tad guilty, but he sure was quick to sever our doctor/patient relationship. I was actually quite hurt by this, now I'm mad.

I went to U.C. S.F, not for pain management, but for adhesions and they brushed me off with a physical, an enormous bill, and an acknowledgement that they could do nothing. They referred me to U.C. Pain managment at Mt. Zion, The paperwork seemed enormous at the time and I had another surgery scheduled in Penn. so I didn't follow through with that referral.

I don't hold out much hope for a "new palliative" (different or better drugs) I just want to stay on the ones I'm using right now. My local doctor however, who is a very nice man, is uncomfortable giving me pain medication over the long term and wants me to see a Pain Management Center. He doesn't know what to do with me either, but at least he's nice and has been willing to alleviate my pain. I hope he continues to do so. I hope the pain managment center at Davis is nice and doesn't say - well, lets go back to the beginning and start with counseling and no meds, etc. I don't know what I would do then.

I'll let you know how it goes, Please keep me informed of your situation also. Good luck and lots of kind thoughts, my first California pain buddy. Love, Sally

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Julie Johns To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 6:01 PM Subject: Re: Nancy from Sally

Sally, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and was referred to Pain Management by my OB just two days ago. She recommended Dr. Sam Yuan in Walnut Creek. I would think that Davis should be really good. I did my undergraduate degree there and worked in the UC Davis Med Center in Sacramento. I know they are very up -to-date on the latest techniques. I would like to know how it goes for you. Have you tried any other Pain Management places around here? Julie Johns

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: