Re: Munley Law Firm- Having an Oxycontin problem

Fri Jan 11 18:18:45 2002

Quite the contrary Sir!!!! Thanks but no thanks! This is a very old post you have pulled up and her pain is bad and was again soon after surgery. She (like most on the board with Adhesions) does need pain meds, not sure if she is on Oxycontin again or not, but if not I know she would like to be!

The people on this board are trying to get help with their pain, not diminish it!!!!! Oxycontin is one of the very FEW pain pills that actually helps with the pain when nothing else does! It is totally unfair that some "druggies" mis-use it and don't have pain, therefore trying to ruin it for people who do have pain and GENUINELY NEED IT!

No, I am not on Oxycontin simply because I can't tolerate meds especially pain meds and throw them up! I do wish I could though and will defend anyone who needs them for bad pain!! I did take it last year for 3 months after several very major surgeries and I did not have any problem going off of them or while on them.....they actually worked! Without them I would have been bed-fast.

Thank-you Sir for your concern, but I really don't think we need you to cripple us any more than we already are!! People with bad pains need some relief in order to live with a little bit of dignity and normalcy in their lives, especially when there is no cure or anything else to do to help them!

It is quite funny though because I myself have contacted lawyers in the past for "legitimate" problems and they never did help me always helped the ones in the wrong instead!

JEAN

"SMILE............It confuses people!"

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of anonymous Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 6:34 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Having an Oxycontin problem

At Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Chrissy wrote: >
>Hi my friends,
>I'm having a problem coming off of the oxycontin pills. I started
>taking them over a year ago. First it was at 80 mgs. for almost the
>whole year - then down to 40mgs. Now that I have had my surgery with
>Dr. Reich and Dr. Redan of course I don't need the pills for the pain
>because my pain is not that bad. But OUCH am I having a hard time not
>taking them. I have only a few left and I am actually panicing that I
>don't have another prescription. I don't know if I am afraid not to
>take them because I remember the awful pain I had before I was on them,
>or my body is craving them.....I don't know which is worse. I fight NOT
>to take the pill cause I know I won't get anymore. My God if I knew it
>would be this hard before I started taking them I don't know if I would
>chose to take them. But at the time I started taking them I wanted
>something, anything just to get rid of some of the pain. What am I to
>do? I feel awful......I know this is not as bad as pain, but wow what a
>trick it's playing on my mind.
>with hugs and love,
>Chrissie xo

If you or a loved one have been harmed by the use of the perscription drug OxyContin, please call the Law Firm of Thomas J. Munley, P.C at 1-866-OXY-ABUSE for a confidential case evaluation. Thomas J. Munley & Associates is located at 527 Linden Street, Scranton, Pennsylvania 18503.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: