Re: Jayne from Sally

Sat Jan 5 23:25:01 2002

Hi Sally,

I'm already on the quilt so can I add more to it?

Yes, I have been through the ringer haven't I? I am very concerned that this new problem may lead to more surgery, especially if the repair last year didn't work but I am also aware that this could create more adhesions which puts me in a Catch 22 situation, doesn't it?

If my rectocele has returned or something like that then only surgery can fix it can't it? What I would really like to know is why I keep getting these darn things if my pelvic floor is tightened and should be holding my organs up.

I often say to my family that when I die donate my body to science (if there's anything left) as I must be a scientific wonder with the amount of medical problems I have had to endure over the years. *-)

Fortunately, as I told Jo, I am usually an upbeat person which I know helps but the pain and discomfort does get to me once in a while and my family knows about it. <BIG GRIN>

One other thing that is driving me nuts is since the pelvic surgery in 2000 I have had chronic pain in my tailbone. Oh it's bad. I have been to my family doctor about this (who is usually understanding but must have had a bad hair day when I went to see him about this), my OB-GYN and my orthopaedic surgeon but they all say it's arthritis and that pelvic surgery can aggravate the tailbone anyway especially in my case where my left leg won't bend and they have to strap it up to do the surgery plus they have to put me in a position that they don't normally do to other women. I am the point now where I am ready to march into one of these doctor's offices and demand they do something because obviously I can't stand or walk for too long because of my knees and now I can't sit too long because of this darn tailbone. Ay yi yi.

Yeah, I'm a mess but I'm alive, can kick with one leg, and I still have my hands & fingers to enjoy my computer life.

Take care

--
Jayne

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Sally Grigg" <lostcst@mcn.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2002 1:07 AM Subject: Jayne from Sally

> Boy, Jayne, you seem to have been through a lot. I'm so sorry. Please put > your story on the quilt. It will make a better case for everyone because > someday, we need to make Congress appropriate funds for adhesions research > and so many people come to the board once or twice with really classic cases > of adhesions and then we never hear from them again. We need to gather all > of the information we can, so that we can help the government help us, even > though they don't know yet, that they really want to. Love, and I have a > home page if you are interested, http://www.howardcreekranch.com Love, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: