Admit to hospital for severe abdominal pain

Wed Nov 28 09:10:08 2001

I have now had 3 surgeries to get rid of my adhesions. The only reason I had the laporscopic procedure this time is because I had to have back surgery in in December 2000 in which they put in two titanium cages with fusion. I had to start physical therapy for this. Because this involved using all of your abdominal muscles, somehow, this started causing more pain from my adhesions. I had the third surgery October 30, 2001. (through the scope). I was feeling okay (of course that was with my daily pain medication) I thought I could start Christmas shopping on Friday after Thanksgiving since I did not get to do it last year. I was determined. I ended up later that day in the emergency room. I was admitted and had x-Ray, C-T, and colonoscopy done even though I told them it was due to adhesions. Because I have been on pain medications on and off for so many years it takes more meds to help me than normal people. After 4 days in the hospital and demeral/phenagren every 4 hours I was released with diagnosis of abdominal adhesions ( this was not the same hospital nor did any of the doctors I saw through the hospital stay call my ob/gyn who did my surgery on 10/30/01). I have a 10 month old grand daughter that I cannot keep due to my adhesions. This is breaking my heart!!!!! I was keeping her every Friday (knowing i would be in alot of pain from my back and stomach) but it was worth every moment. I would just be down for a day or two after. Now I cannot keep her. I will not let this disease keep me from keeping her but I cannot be on enough medication to keep me out of pain while I have her. When I was released from the hospital the discharge directions were to take 2 vicoden ES erver 4 hours, 0ne Vioxx and phenagren for the nausia. My stomach is still swollen making me look pregnant. Please help me find a way to keep my granddaughter and have a normal sex life without severe pain!!!!! This disease plus my back problems have taken over my life and I want it back I wll fight it any way I can. Please HELP!!!!!!!!! I would also like to know how to get off of the pain medicine once there is help. After years of medications you have to be addicted don't you?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: