Re: Admit to hospital for severe abdominal pain

Wed Nov 28 09:30:14 2001

Lynn, I am sooo sorry that you are going through this! You aren't alone though!!!!! You probably need to give your body more time to heal....I ahve found that in the past, I take longer to heal....and longer to get through a day with no paid meds after surgery. Last time, I was on pain meds for about 8 weeks! Should have only been 2 at the most according to my Dr......I had some complications though.....Bladder infection, kidney infection, and vomiting!! Boy, does that hurt after surgery!!!! I was "Off" pain meds for about 2 months.....Adhesions grew twice as fast and twice as much that time I SWEAR! As for being able to have your grand daughter....How old is she? Do you need to be able to pick her up? I have a lot of neices and nephews, small ones. I am the one that would get down on the floor with them and play and wrestle.....Now I can't......It hurts me ALOT that I can't do that right now. On thanksgiving, I just had them sit on a foot stool in front of the chair I was sitting on and we "Talked".....even the 3 year old! I was able to hold the 2 month old for a short time.....about 15 minutes...He is soooo cute. I really wish I could have him more, but I just can't walk with him and hold him that much. My neice (his mother) is going to come and stay the night soon, so that I can spend some time with him.....Is that a possibility for you? For someone to stay with you and your grand daughter? I truely wish you good luck! Kelley

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: