Re: Just wondering to Clare

Sun Nov 11 05:19:30 2001

Dear Clare

I did start to answer your question last night, and the computer started playing up, and I lost my nice long message to you!

So, I will try and reconstruct it as best as I can for you tonight.  Yes, adhesions can do that, some of us do have periods of time where the pain is quite tolerable, and not requiring any pain relief or thought.  Then for no apparent reason can rise to be such a monstrous serpent, that we can't ignore it, or the pain it brings.

All I can say to you Clare, is just one step at a time, one day, one hour at a time.  Experiment and find what works best for you,  how you can help relieve pain.  This can be through long hot therapeutic baths....with scented oils, candles and soft music.....it can be a visit to the beach in your subconscious (that is my personal favourite), it can be heat packs and soft fluffy comforters.

Last night was a very bad night for me, I did not put my head back onto my pillow until after 5am this morning.  It was a very unpleasant night, where I used many of those coping ways myself.  The one that gave me most relief last night was writing, you see it isn't always the same thing every time.  So if you try something once and it doesn't work, don't discard it, keep it safe to try again another time, when your favourite doesn't work.

Try not to dwell too much on the possible "adhesions," just take one day, one hour, one step at a time, and the depth and severity of your pain can be decreased..... just giving you enough space to discover what your next step should be.  It could be to get another opinion from another doctor, it could be research & asking us more questions here.

I hope that helps a bit Clare, I understand the bitterness & disappointment that comes with a strong bout of pain after a long stretch of an almost "normal" pain free time.  This could however be just a minor set back too.  Perhaps you could think about what you have been doing lately & try and think of something, or anything that you have done a little differently that might be responsible for the resurgence?

Stay with us Clare, let us help you through this, as we help ourselves through it too.

Love & gentle warm hugs

Jo(Australia)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: