Flushing toilets & other notes

Sun Sep 9 17:33:40 2001

COLETTE, JEAN, & JO: I am amazed at you girls *grin*. Do you all consider yourselves to be too adult to watch the cartoons on TV? Don't you ever watch The Simpsons??? They did a whole episode on the subject of clockwise/counterclockwise, which included Bart making a collect phone call Down Under which came to around $900!!! *LOL* But isn't it amazing what we come up with to amuse ourselves? For instance, I use Eudora for my e-mail, and it has a function called "Mood Watch" - Mood Watch has spotted the phrase "Don't you ever" as being threatening, and the last two words of my sig line as being "potentially offensive". Go figure!

COLETTE: I'm sure you will enjoy your trip in spite of the underlying reason for having to make it. To see some place you've never seen before and to be making the trip with your Mom has got to bring you some enjoyment. Right now I would give my right pinky finger to be able to take a trip with my daughter, but with my physical condition, and her idiot boyfriend, that won't happen. He's away right now, and she isn't allowed to come out to spend the night because she wouldn't be there to accept his collect call. Whoops! Mood Watch picked up on the "idiot" *LOL*

PAUL: Welcome to the group It's good to hear a success story. Glad you've found someone who really works with you in dealing with ARD.

PHIL: Glad you are getting useful information from us. We are a veritable fount of knowledge when it comes to dealing with ARD *grin*

KAREN: Most of us on the board who have had adhesiolysis have had some denovo or reformation of adhesions after surgery. It is something that we have to deal with if strict procedures are not followed during surgery and no barrier is used to prevent new adhesions. Sorry you are having to deal with this, but do search the archives for posts on this topic.

BOBBI: Talk to an out of town lawyer if you must, but definitely do something about this "doctor's" lack of care and compassion. Why should you suffer because he couldn't take the precautions of checking your records for allergies? Hope you are feeling better or have gone to the ER for help.

OK, JO: You are not to read the rest of this e-mail. I do not want to be responsible for putting you in pain! What follows is pure and simple foolishness, with absolutely no basis in fact whatsoever. Now that you've all been warned:

I got a little something in my e-mail today that we on this board are living proof of being effective:

"Universal Rx"

No moving parts, no batteries, no monthly payments and no fees; Inflation-proof, non-taxable, in fact, it's quite relaxable;

It can't be stolen, won't pollute, one size fits all, do not dilute. It uses little energy, but yields results enormously.

Relieves your tension and your stress, invigorates your happiness; Combats depression, makes you beam, and elevates your self-esteem!

Your circulation it corrects, without unpleasant side effects. It is, I think, the perfect drug; may I prescribe, my friends? The hug! (And of course, fully returnable!)

By: Henry Matthew Ward

And why is it that when a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment, but when a woman talks dirty to a man it's $3.99 a minute????

And a few chuckles for the cat lovers among us:

"Cat Commandments"

1. Thou shall not jump onto the keyboard when thy human is on the modem.

2. Thou shall not pull the phone cord out of the back of the modem.

3. Thou shall not unroll all of the toilet paper off the roll.

4. Thou shall not sit in front of the television or monitor as thou are not transparent.

5. Thou shall not projectile vomit from the top of the refrigerator.

6. Thou shall not walk in on a dinner party and commence licking thy butt.

7. Thou shall not lie down with thy butt in thy human's face.

8. Thou shall not leap from great heights onto thy human's genital region.

9. Fast as thou are, thou cannot run through closed doors.

10. Thou shall not reset thy human's alarm clock by walking on it.

11. Thou shall not climb on the garbage can with the hinged lid, as thee will fall in and trap thyself.

12. Thou shall not jump onto the toilet seat just as thy human is sitting down.

13. Thou shall not jump onto thy sleeping human's bladder at 4 a.m.

14. Thou shall realize that the house is not a prison from which to escape at any opportunity.

15. Thou shall not trip thy humans even if they are walking too slow.

16. Thou shall not push open the bathroom door when there are guests in thy house.

17. Thou shall remember that thou are a carnivore and that house plants are not meat.

18. Thou shall show remorse when being scolded.

And now that I've wasted your time and escaped from reality for a while, it's time to take another pill, give Shawn his bath, finish up my laundry, and go soak in a cool tub of water. It's only about 910 degrees in the shade up here today - seems like summer got here late.

Love, hugs, and prayers to everyone.

Nancy in NB

CHEER UP!!! The time you spent reading this email could've been spent more productively. But you're not bothered because you're one of those well-adjusted people who really doesn't give a shit.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: