What format are you using? Plain Text or HTML (MIME)?

Sun Sep 9 17:49:16 2001

[]] What Format are you using? *Plain Text* (not HTML) is the preferred format for posting messages!!!

It's been a long time since I've subscribed to the Adhesions Digest!!! Now that I've been reading the Adhesions Digest for about a week, I've noticed that some messages (including my own!!) are in HTML (MIME) format - (which causes a message to look like "computer gibberish" and is difficult to read.)

I prefer to use HTML (MIME) format - because of the following features: different Fonts, different sized letters , B (Bold), I (Italics), U (Underline), Colors, etc.

When I post a message and it is received on the IAS Message Board online, my HTML messages do not include "computer gibberish" - they appear okay; BUT NOW I realize that my use of HTML is a problem for those who receive the Adhesions Digest (receive messages grouped together 15-25 at a time in digest format) and for those who receive each posting individually by email. This unnecessary "computer gibberish" consumes alot of space.

I noticed that others are posting messages using the HTML format too; and perhaps they've wondered why their messages contain what I can best describe as being "computer gibberish. I plan to do everything I can to try to remember to post messages in Plain Text!!! If you're not sure what format your Email screen is set for, the easy-to-follow steps below will be there to guide you.

If you are inadvertantly posting your messages in HTML (MIME) format - and you are not sure what to do to change it, I (with Jean Long's expert assistance) have prepared the following steps to assist you as you change to the PLAIN TEXT format. When I tried Jean's steps for the very first time, I thought, "That sounds too complicated for me!!!" You will be surprised how easy this really is to do!!! Thank you, Jean, for helping me in the first place!!!

[]] While in your *E-MAIL screen*...

1.) Click: *Tools* (at the top).

2.) At the bottom of list - click: *Options*

3.) Click: *Send*

4.) Under *Sending* - *Uncheck the box* that says: "Include message in reply"

(As a result everyone will be sending only "the subject line" back and responding to it - instead of repeating the entire message again. It really makes it much easier to read and to reply to. You can always go back to the prior post and check the message in its entire form.)

5.) Under *Mail sending format* (lower left) click: *Plain Text* (not HTML)

6.) Click: *Plain Text Setting* (to the right of *Plain Text*)

7.) Click: *OK*

8.) Click: "Apply"

9.) Click: *OK*...That's all there is to it!!

~ ~ ~ ~

NOTE: If, at other times, you want to use the HTML format or "include message with reply" - then go back and select those again to change it.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: