Aussie obsession for the 'dunny'!

Mon Sep 10 07:03:37 2001

To continue my lessons on the art of being a "fair dinkum Aussie", I must explain the Australian fixation with the attributes of the outdoor toilet *cough* affectionately christened the "dunny".

We even have a large following of crafty folk who make mini statues of the great Australian icon......be it made of clay, pottery, bits of tin, a nail or two & a bit of old wood. These mini "sculptures" can often be seen in pride of place in the loungeroom of many an Aussie home, nestled amongst family photo's, Grandads medals from WWII and so on.

So to Nancy and the rest of my humorous friends....I will find the "Ode to the Aussie Dunny" and send it to you forth with!

Our outdoor loo's often have the best "view" possible on our sprawling Aussie "Properties" (Farms or Ranches to many of you....) To position the "Loo" or "Dunny" on the top of a hill with sweeping views of the "Cocky's" land, (Cocky being the Aussie word for "farmer") allows deep and meaningful contemplation, breathtaking views to take one's mind off the "job at hand" *cough*.......so to all of you who at times have been reduced to explaining and describing these "necessary" calls of "nature".....close your eyes & feel the breeze around your knees...while your "strides" (pants or jeans) lay in a heap at your feet, this form of distraction is a wonderful "relaxation"! ;-)

P.S. if you please be sure to look for the redback (spider) who is a great "hider" under the dunny seat!

*giggle*.......I hope this ends our discussion of the Aussie comode!

Love, hugs & good Aussie cheers, your mate Jo ;-)

--
Positive Affirmation

Say this with your hands above your head (victory style) and repeat three times: I'm Alive I'm Alert I'm a LOT of fun!!

That should get you smiling!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: