Re: To Rosie from Sally

Wed Aug 8 13:01:55 2001

Thanks for writing Sally. I have never been to a doctor who has even sounded like he would be interested in doing a laproscopic surgery to check for adhesions. It seems like they would rather murmur something sympathetic, offer pain pills and hope you'll just go away. When I've pushed the issue, they say that it would probably just make things worse and more adhesions would form. Do your doctors seem concerned with doing the repeated surgeries? My sister in law had no idea she even had adhesions till she was at the ER and at death's door. They gave her enemas all night long till she was so weak that she barely survived the surgery when they finally did it the next morning. She never talks about it though so it's been a year since the surgery and I have no idea how she is feeling. I think she feels if she doesn't talk about it that everything will be OK and it won't come back. I've thought about calling her (she lives in another state) but don't want to bring up something she'd rather not talk about. Thanks again for writing! Rosie

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Sally Grigg" <lostcst@mcn.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 5:01 PM Subject: To Rosie from Sally

> Dear Rosie, Hi, I'm Sally. Welcome back to the board. I'm not a doctor so
I > can't say whether or not you have adhesions and doctors can't say either
unless > they do a laproscopic surgery. There is no test yet available. But it does
sound > like you do have them.
>
> I don't know what your future holds, nor do I know what mine holds. We can
only > hope and pray. I've had three laproscopic adhesion removal surgeries and
they > have grown back almost immediately each time. But at least they didn't cut
off > my bowel. This last time, there was a rope kind of adhesion wrapped around
my > small intestine and that was removed which saved me from having emergency
> surgery at our local rural hospital.
>
> As you probably know you need to go to experts, not just any old nice,
guy, well > educated ob/gyn. There is a lot of information on the adhesion site
> http://www.adhesions.org Please go there and read the quilt and add your own
story. > You can get a lot of information from reading the back e-mails, especially
from > Helen Dynda and Beverly. Look at the titles of the e-mails. You need to do
a lot > of research. Good luck and please keep posting. With kindest regards,
Sally > Grigg
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: