Re: Brown rice/constipation

Thu Aug 2 10:08:38 2001

In a message dated 8/1/2001 6:26:02 PM US Mountain Standard Time, lostcst@mcn.org writes:

> I may be wrong but I think brown rice is hard to digest and contributes
> to constipation. Do we have any experts willing to take a try at finding
> out? It just feels that way to me.

I'm hardly an expert, but when the dogs have loose stools we give them cooked rice. It stops them up and slows the bowel down. If you have trouble with constipation, rice of any kind probably does not belong on your daily menu.

Am still catching up on my e-mail...still read everything here every day and pray for all of you. :) Next week is my trip to Tacoma, WA and I'm a little nervous about feeling good while I'm there...this is "my" trip. Hubby and kids will stay home. I'll share the van/hotel room with several very good (girl) friends. It's for the Chesapeake Bay Retriever National Specialty show. I'm only bringing one dog but G-d willing, plan to handle two in two separate events. Have Vioxx, will travel <G>. I cannot wait for some fresh salmon and halibut!!!!!

The weather there is so different than here. Their high temps are lower than our lows. Can you see me there in a parka and woolen mittens while all the east coast bunch runs about in shorts and sandals? <VBG>

Wishing you all a pain-free, wonderful day!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: