Can adhesions cause bowel movement pain??

Fri Jul 13 11:49:18 2001

I had a hysterectomy 1/9/2001, there were some complications, my bladder was sliced, and there was more endometreosis than suspected, my Dr said she had her hands full. Anyways, my healing was going slow but sure in the right direction, until a month ago. I got stabbing pain in my right lower side while walking, pain was very tense. We sat down, and slowly made our way back to the hotel. I had some gas, and then a bm when we got back to the hotel. I was tender in that area for a few days, tried using Ben Gay for relief. When we returned home I went to my GP and he was concerned re: appendix, so I had a CT which came back good, and he sent me to my GYN, she concluded that it is adhesions around the bowel. Until yesterday all was well, and then boom, another episode just like the first, same exact thing, it lasts about 1 1/2 hour with intense pain in that area, some gas and than I have a bm and things start to lighten up, I am still tender today. I have a daily bm each morning, so this is puzzling to me. I printed off the low residue/low fiber diet I found on this site and am going to give that a try. The info here is priceless!! Is this common with adhesions in that area?? I know the only way to know for sure is more surgery, and from the info on this site, that is a question. I worry about an obstruction or worse. It is not a "constant" pain and it comes out of the blue, no warning??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank-you

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: