Re: Anybody?

Thu Jul 5 01:46:11 2001

What is an ileus, and what is the difference between a laparotomy and laproscopy? I had a laproscopy for an endo search and ended up with surgeory for an intestinal attachment to the ovary. Does that make it a laporatamy? I guess after I ate a bowl of clam chowder tonight. I got really sick, vomited, (butt on the can, head in the trash-graphic, but reality). That pain was the worst pain I've had since recupe. My insides still feel twisted when I walk, and the stitches really hurt, if I sneeze or cough. I really thought I was better. Now I'm a little worried...A rectal or intestinal problem? The ob is sending me to a gastroinologist. I just don't want it to be so soon after surgeory. But, I just can't believe I'm not farther along in the healing process. Does any of this sound like normal recupe to you. I will call my dr tomorrow. When I called Monday he said that he didn't touch my intestine, and that I shouldn't be having so many bowel problems, that the foods I ate sounded fine. He put me on a liquid diet then. I weigh 100lbs, and am very weak (I lost 10 lbs. 2 weeks before surgery from being sick). So, since I felt better and had a bowel movement I felt I could eat more solid foods, I want to get the weight up. Yet, it's futile if I have to play the milk of magnesia-pepto game. I use to poop every morning...those were the good ole days....funny, what we cling to now, huh?...nice to meet you. thanks for replying. We should all bond together and start petitioning our local (govt?) with letters and documents stating that this problem isn't so "rare & few", and to plead for better medical coverage for these issues (I'm lucky I have insurance, I didn't pay a dime. One woman at this site has to pay $1,00's of dollars for a lap), and for better medical awareness, compassion, and prescription drugs. Chronic pelvic pain is a disease...not a sickness. It's to have stomach pain that lasts longer than 6 months. It is as much a disease as chrone's, and demands the same respects. Love you all, after only 3 days on this site. I have a feeling that Lynda in AZ enjoyed some fireworks with her husband and children for the 4th...I hope so...let us know...it'll make me feel good to picture the kids playing, people laughing, and you feeling good, too. (lynda, you have a beautiful way with words) Marianne --- toni welsh <twelsh1@hotmail.com> wrote: > At Wed, 4 Jul 2001, marianne bolding wrote:
> >
> >Well, it's the 4th. I'm going to explode in my
> stomach
> >if I can't make a "natural" bowel movement. It's
> been
> >6 days since my lap. w/surgeory to detach the
> >intestine from the ovary (no prior surgeories), and
> he
> > had to turn the ovary around as the intestine
> turned
> >it upside down. My husband seems so bitter. I
> vomited