Re: Kathryn

Wed Jun 27 12:08:04 2001

Kathryn,

I haven't really had a surgery specifically for removal of adhesions, but they have had to do that each time they go in. I have had 26 laparotomies since 91. Most of those were in the first five years.

I am so glad you have a good surgeon. I thought I did too. I drove three hours to get to mine...thought I was going to a good place. HA! HA!

I suggest you search the Adhesions website and look up the procedure used by Dr. Reich and Redan or Dr. Korell in Germany. They are actually having some success in prevention of reformation of the adhesions. My suggestion is that you go to see one of them and take care of the adhesions...then you won't have to worry about the oil change!! lol If nothing else, print up there procedure and take it to your surgeon...get him to follow the same thing. Dr. Reich very meticulously removes every last drop of blood and foreign substance from the abdominal cavity.....taking hours to do so. Then he flushes the cavity with lots of fluid. I know quite a few people that have achieved success this way.

--
Karla

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: